It's been a few days since my last update, so here it is!
- I finished writing up the docs addition for setting up a local buildbot instance
- Ran a manual table-by-table mysql dump on my local snapshots of statusdb and schedulerdb, which successfully shrunk their collective size from 108gb to 14.5gb, or by 86.6%! So these snapshots are alot easier to deal with. They currently only show the build data from July 8th 02:00:00 GMT to July 16th ~12:00:00 GMT, which is plenty for my current dev enviromment setup.
Adjusted the master.cfg file for build-master in Buildbot to use the mysql schedulerdb on my local system, rather than the default sqlite:///state.sqlite
Changed line 143 of master.cfg from c['db_url'] = “sqlite:///state.sqlite” to c['db_url'] = "mysql://buildbot:buildbot@localhost/temp_schedulerdb"
- NOTE: The regex does not like a mysql user that has no password. Originally, I had specified root: , ie "mysql://root:@localhost/temp_schedulerdb", so I made a new user named buildbot, password buildbot.
- Ran pip install MySQL-python==1.2.3 from the buildbot virtualenv… found this via pip freeze from my already existing buildapi virtualenv
- Added export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/mysql/bin to the buildbot virtualenv bin/activate file
- Changed line 143 of master.cfg from c['db_url'] = “sqlite:///state.sqlite” to c['db_url'] = "mysql://buildbot:buildbot@localhost/temp_schedulerdb"
- Tested the buildapi/buildbot dev setup I have works end-to-end. It is unclear if buildbot is actually grabbing the new build requests and pending them. I need to check with Armen on this… It is unclear where exactly to look for these pending builds via buildbot. I have found that once entering a build_request that the new request instantly shows up under the same branch it was requested under pending jobs for the day today. i.e. I rebuild a job from July 10th, and then I go back to view jobs for today at a link like http://127.0.0.1:5000/self-serve/try and it has shown up in the pending jobs section. I tested with buildbot shut down and it still worked… so I am still unclear how to check that buildbot likes or dislikes a build_request
- Edited/Modified the manual unit tests for the patch
Started writing the patch for bug 793989
- Took some time to get reacclimated to the exact issue and which db tables need to be filled
- Unclear on a couple of points, also going to clarify with coop/armen on Monday
More next week! Have a great weekend!