I spent Tuesday scoping Bug 826753 -release automation should update ship it at certain points, and I have come up with a set of clear deliverables. This list could still be modified going forward, but here is the rough layout.
- Buildbot publishes updates, in addition to emails to release@, for the progress of releases to pulse.m.o
- Message format for Buildbot updates is found on pulse.m.o
I must look for build.release-*.finished in the ['payload']['buildername'] part of the pulse.m.o messages
Setup a logger on dev-master1 to scrap all the messages from pulse.m.o overnight to catch all messages pertaining to the just launched 31.0b4 release, which will give me a live current sample to test with
Deliverables (no particular order):
/status (AND /status?var1=1&var2=10)- Lists all available releases with status in JSON format and can be queried with parameters
- /status.html- pretty gui view of the info shown in /status
- GET: dumps release status info in JSON
- POST: updates a new table in update.db with new status info about
.html- pretty gui view of the info shown in /status/ GET and will likely include a nice timeline with the A, B, C steps referred to in comment 3 of bug 826753
- Long running standalone script that listens to pulse.m.o for updates about releases and then uses the /status/
REST API entry point to update a new table in update.db with new status info about
New status table in ubdate.db
More tomorrow (Tuesday)!